Vineet Kacker Education
Born 1965, New Delhi, India
1983-88 B.Arch., School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi
1989 Trained in ceramics with Mansimran Singh, Andretta, Himachal Pradesh
1990- 93 Training in ceramics, Golden Bridge Pottery, Pondicherry under Ray Meeker and Deborah Smith
1998 Three month Post-Experience program at University of Wales Institute, Cardiff, U.K.
1998 Apprenticeships with British potters Alan Caiger-Smith and Sandy Brown
Solo / Two Person Exhibitions
2008 “( R )evolution”, Museum Gallery, presented by the Fine Art Company, Mumbai
2006 “Vineet Kacker / Yushi Ito”, Anant Art Gallery, New Delhi
2005 “Spirit / Space”, Artists’ Centre, Mumbai
2004 “Speaking in Sutras”, Nature Morte, New Delhi
1999 “Vineet Kacker / ShanthiSwaroopini Roy”, Queens Gallery, British High Commission, New Delhi
1994 “Figures in a Prayer Garden”, Sanskriti Kendra, New Delhi
Select Group Exhibitions
2012 “Aham”, India Art Fair 2012, represented by Gallery Art Positive, New Delhi
2011 International Artists’ Exhibition, 4thEdgeArt Invitational, Izmir, Turkey
2011 “Form and Formless”, Art Positive, New Delhi
2010 “International Quingdao Contemporary Ceramic Art Exhibition”, Qunigdao Art
2010 “Golden Earth”, Contemporary Ceramics from India and Australia India Habitat Center, New Delhi
2008 “Indo-Korean Contemporary Ceramics”, InkoCentre Chennai and GallerieNvya, New Delhi
2007 “Tokonome Ceramic Art Festival”, Aichi, Japan
2007 “Here There Now” Gallery Soulflower, Bangkok, Thailand
2007 “Skin of Asias”, special exhibition curated for the International Ceramic Biennale, Icheon, South Korea
2006 “Indo-Swedish Art Glass Sambandh”, OstergotlandsLansmuseum, Linkoping, Sweden India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
2005 “Terra Natura”, GallerieNvya, New Delhi
2003 “Seven McKnight Artists“, Northern Clay Center, Minneapolis, U.S.A.
2003 “Rain” – 33 contemporary Indian artists, Sakshi Gallery, Mumbai
2003 “Public Art – A Collaboration in Ceramics”, on the pavement outside the National Gallery of Modern Art, Mumbai
2001 “Potters in Peril”, National Gallery of Modern Art, Mumbai
1999 “The Cat Scratched Little Johny - Contemporary Ceramics from Wales”, Aberystwyth, Wales, U.K.
1998 “Odd Arrows”, David Floria Gallery, Colorado, U.S.A
2010 Member, International Ceramic Artists Association, Zibo, China
2008 Member, Artist Pension Trust, New York - Mumbai
2004 Invited to Sweden to participate in the Indo-Swedish Glass Sambandh program
2003 Dissemination Grant award, India Foundation for the Arts, Bangalore
2001 McKnight Artist Residency for Ceramic Artists, Northern Clay Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota
2001 Fulbright Travel Grant award, to work and travel in the U.S.
2000 Arts Collaboration Grant, India Foundation For the Arts, Bangalore
1998 Charles Wallace Fellowship, British Council, New Delhi
1998 Artist Residency award, Anderson Ranch Arts Centre, Colorado, U.S.A.
2007 “Sources of Inspiration”, slide lecture during Indo-Korean contemporary ceramics exchange, at Auroville, India
2004 /05 Introductory course in ceramics, Global Arts Village, New Delhi
2004 “Indian Ceramics – Four Different Scenarios”, slide lecture, Gallery Nature Morte, New Delhi
2002 “Ceramics in India: From Tradition To Modernity”, slide lecture presented at University of New Mexico, Albuquerque; University of Minnesota, Minneapolis; Northern Clay Center, Minneapolis, and Clay Art Center, New York State
1998 “Working in Clay”, slide lecture, Blas &Knada, Stockholm, Sweden
1994-96 Taught an introductory course in pottery, Habitat School of Architecture, New Delhi.
- Kristine Michael, “Iconic Reverberations: The Architectonic Ceramics of Vineet Kacker”, Ceramic art and Perception No. 90, 2012
- The Paper Collection of International Ceramic Art, Zibo Forum China 2010, and Uttarayan Forum India 2012
- Antonio Vivas, “Vineet Kacker”,RevistaCeramica No. 118, 2010
- JulienNenault, “La Collection Kubba”, La Revue de la Ceramique, No. 171, 2010
- Sarah Bancroft, “Vineet Kacker’s Buddha Rocks and Sutra Stones”, Ceramic Art
and Perception No.77, 2009
- ShuklaSawant “Refiguring the Relic”, catalogue essay, pub. The Fine Art Company, Mumbai, 2008
- Jon Keenan “Vineet Kacker: Speaking in Clay Sutras”, Studio Potter, Vol. 35 No. 2, U.S.A., 2007
- “Ceramic, Skin of Asias”, publication, 4th World Ceramic Biennale, Icheon Korea, 2007
- “Here There Now”, ed. Brian Curtin, Gallery Soulflower, Bangkok published 2007
- Latika Gupta “Ritual and Routine objects”, exhibition review, Art India vol. XI Issue IV Quarter IV 2006
- DeekshaNath“Meditating on Harmony - A Contemporary Interpretation” catalogue essay, Anant Art gallery, New Delhi, September 2006
- “Vineet Kacker”, Gallery Nature Morte, New Delhi, 2005
- Menezes, Meera“Intimate Duet between Hand and Clay”, exhibition review, Art India Magazine, vol. ix, issue ii, quarter ii, 2004
- “The Art and Craft of Clay”, 4th edition, Susan Peterson, Prentice Hall College Division, U.S.A.
- Silberman, Rob “Seven McKnight Artists”, Northern Clay Center, Minneapolis, August 2003
- “Rain- 33 contemporary artists”, Gallerie International, The Arts and Ideas journal, July 2003
- “Smashing Glazes”, Susan Peterson, 2001, North Light Books, U.S.A.
- “Contemporary Ceramics”, Susan Peterson, 2000, Watson Guptill publishers, U.S.A.
SanatGalerisi, Ataturk KulturMerkezi, Izmir, Turkey
Li Ziyuan Ceramic Art Museum, Zibo, China
Quingdao Art Museum, Quingdao, China
World Ceramic Center, Icheon, South Korea
Tokoname International Association, Aichi Pref., Japan
Aberystwyth University Ceramic Collection, Aberystwyth, U.K .